Ken Davey

Default Tesla Turbine

Christopher Tidy wrote:
Ken Davey wrote:
Christopher Tidy wrote:

Ken Davey wrote:

Christopher Tidy wrote:

Ken Davey wrote:

Some time ago somebody (forgotten who) mentioned, in passing,
that hard drive discs might serve as rotors in a Tesla Turbine.
I had been working for some time on that idea and now I am
finally ready to show the world (or at least RCM) the results.
http://www.rupert.net/~solar/
Click on Tesla Turbine - go figure
The page is still incomplete but the basics are there.

Neat work, Ken. I hope it works well. Certainly looks like it
should. Chris

I have had it up around 20,000 rpm. (on 100 psi. air) and it really
ran smooth.

Ken.

So it's just the drag caused by forcing air through the gaps between
discs which causes the turbine to rotate? How loud is it at 20,000
rpm?
Chris

Inaudible at twenty feet or so - really quiet.

Ken.

Neat. Are you going to use it to power something, or is it just a
demonstration?

Chris

Essentially it is just a model but.....
The output end of the shaft is a duplicate of the shaft on my Dumore tool
post grinder so those attachments can be used on the turbine.
I am sure there are going to be many practical uses for it.

Ken.