shaun

Default Air Coolers which don't need an external air vent?

"ste" wrote in message

"shaun" wrote in message

Don't use an evaporative cooler where you have servers running. All that
water has to go somewhere and the humidity won't do the servers any good
whatsoever.

If you value the data find another room where you can set up a proper
controlled environment.

I agree, now that I have a slight understand to how it all works. I
wasn't sure previously, I thought the water tank might have been used to
collect humidity from the air, not to create it!

We value our data, and if we can keep this room cool for as cheaply as
possible (within effective reason), then we will be happy.

If you have a look here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swamp_cooler under the
"disadvantages" section you'll see what I mean.

Is there not a suspended ceiling in the building that could be rigged with
ducting? Unfortunately "cool" is never cheap - both from installation and
running costs...