ste

Default Air Coolers which don't need an external air vent?

"Harry Bloomfield" wrote in message
ste was thinking very hard :

Are there any air coolers out there which can keep the temperature down
within an enclosed space without an external air vent? I know that a fan
on its own would only recirculate the warm air, but was hoping there
would be a system for our needs? I saw some air coolers in the argos
that had a 12 litre water tank, but wasn't sure if these also required an
external air vent to work?

They work by blowing a flow of air at a moistened surface. The moisture
draws heat from the air as part of that process of evaporation. They air
comes out a few degrees cooler, but with very high humidity. The humid air
will then condense on cooler surfaces, unless it is vented out doors.

The humidity might not be a problem with good ventilation, but it would be
fairly useless in an enclosed poorly ventilated room with servers in.

--

Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)

Thanks for that Harry. You're right, the humidity would be a big no-no! I
think I'd rather it be hot than damp! :-) I'll have to find another
solution...

Ste