Gunner

Default "Dancing" machinery - how to make them stay put?

On Tue, 11 Oct 2005 12:26:07 GMT, "Pete C."
wrote:

Gunner wrote:

On 10 Oct 2005 19:32:56 -0700, wrote:

My buffers, grinders, brushes like to dance on my concrete garage
floor. A few of them have been anchored into the floor. The rest of
them need to be repositioned frequently so I can't anchor them.

What's your favorite method of keeping rotating machinery for dancing
across the floor.

I've tried scrap carpet, rubber matting, etc.

Do you have a favorite method??

Yep...I balance them.

Then the only thing I have moving around is my 8" Logan shaper..if I
crank up the speeds

Ive got at least 3 grinders, and 3 belt sanders..and none of them
wander around. Well..I do have one big assed grinder with a pair of 8"
cheapie wire wheels on it that does tend to move in slow circles..so I
bolted it down to the bench. But one of the shafts is bent by about
.008

Gunner

Confronting Liberals with the facts of reality is very much akin to
clubbing baby seals. It gets boring after a while, but because Liberals are
so stupid it is easy work." Steven M. Barry

Yea, but doesn't your packed dirt shop floor have a higher coefficient
of friction than smooth concrete?

Pete C.

It would indeed..if the grinders etc were sitting on the dirt, rather
than on bench tops.