Harry Bloomfield

Default Air Coolers which don't need an external air vent?

ste was thinking very hard :

Are there any air coolers out there which can keep the temperature down
within an enclosed space without an external air vent? I know that a fan on
its own would only recirculate the warm air, but was hoping there would be a
system for our needs? I saw some air coolers in the argos that had a 12
litre water tank, but wasn't sure if these also required an external air vent
to work?

They work by blowing a flow of air at a moistened surface. The moisture
draws heat from the air as part of that process of evaporation. They
air comes out a few degrees cooler, but with very high humidity. The
humid air will then condense on cooler surfaces, unless it is vented
out doors.

The humidity might not be a problem with good ventilation, but it would
be fairly useless in an enclosed poorly ventilated room with servers
in.

--

Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)