Bob Chilcoat

Default "Dancing" machinery - how to make them stay put?

I've had some trouble with one grinder walking around. After a lot of
experimentation, I finally just pushed it up against the wall so that it
can't turn, stretched a bungie around the pedestal at the base and hooked it
to screw eyes in the wall. Lets me move it when necessary, but keeps it in
place otherwise. You could anchor a wooden strip to the floor and do the
same if you can't put it against the wall.

wrote in message
ups.com...
My buffers, grinders, brushes like to dance on my concrete garage
floor. A few of them have been anchored into the floor. The rest of
them need to be repositioned frequently so I can't anchor them.

What's your favorite method of keeping rotating machinery for dancing
across the floor.

I've tried scrap carpet, rubber matting, etc.

Do you have a favorite method??