Dave Plowman (News)

Default compression fittings..... pah!

In article ,
"Pet @ www.gymratz.co.uk ;¬)" wrote:
Well, I apprenticed as a mechanic, so must of the tightening I do is by
feel. If it feels tight it is tight.

Me too. As an Agricultural mechanic, so working on compression fittings
on hydraulics etc for numerous years. It's not a new science for me,
just seems that the last batch of isolation valves I picked up seem to
have given no end of problems WRT leaking.

Have you examined them for signs of damage? If the pipe is fine, and the
olive and mating tapers all ok they really should be fine with no gunge.

--
*Sleep with a photographer and watch things develop

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.