Rob Morley

Default Tumble Dryer venting

In article , 1
@slartibartfast.com says...
Helen Deborah Vecht wrote:
iS THE WRONG ANSWER. CO is a cellular poison as well and *is*
therefore noxious.

I must bow to superiour knowledge, I have always been told CO is not
poisonous (obviously I have been misled) hence saying you could drown
but you couldn't be poisoned (perhaps what was meant that relative to
the amount of people who get poisoned you (TINY) are much more likely to
be drowned by it, and I have only heard/remebered the it is not a poison
bit?).

I suspect you're either getting confused between carbon monoxide
(lighter than air, toxic) and carbon dioxide (heavier than air, non-
toxic), or half-remembering the difference between town gas (contains
carbon monoxide - can poison you but is lighter than air so will
disperse more readily) and natural gas (basically non-toxic but heavier
than air and can drown you).