Rick

Default How easy/difficult is it to replace an electric shower unit?

On Tue, 11 Oct 2005 09:04:59 +0100, "Darren Griffin -
PocketGPSWorld.Com" wrote:

Our Galaxy electric shower is less than 3 yrs old and has had the flow valve
replaced twice already. It's started to fail yet again and cannot be shut
off completely so drips constantly.

I'm considering replacing with a unit that has an ON/OFF switch for flow,
the water supply has an isolation valve which makes life easier and I'm not
completely inept with such things but have the presence of electricity and
water is the reason for my enquiry!

Are these things relatively simple to replace or would I be best leaving to
a plumber?

TIA

Darren

Its easy-ish. It depends if the new one lines up with the old one -
which it won't. So then it depends on how much space you have to play
with. OK its a real PITA, but its not technically challenging, its
just a fiddle.

I gave up with my shower, and fitted a handle in the water supply
pipe, which shuts the water to the shower off, its a 1/4 turn between
on and off, which is great. The handle is inside the shower cubicle.

Rick