Bill Janssen

Default ? Meter to test thermoelectric potential of unknown metal

Spehro Pefhany wrote:

On Mon, 10 Oct 2005 14:57:34 GMT, the renowned "Rick"
wrote:

I would also assume it measures thermoelectric voltage. I have a meter
at work that connects directly to a T type thermocouple. If it has the
meter movement sensitivity printed anywhere I'll let you know. Your
meter face may also have it but sometimes you can't see it unless you
look pretty hard...

If it's a straight connection to the movement, it may show both a
current and the internal resistance (eg. 50uA/500 ohms), and in the
case of a thermocouple meter like yours, it may have a presumed
resistance value for the total thermocouple circuit (eg. 10 ohms).

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany

I looked for spec.'s down in a corner etc. nothing found. I could open it up
and measure the resistance but that won't give me the sensitivity.

Unless I find someone that can rebild the meter I think this thing is
going into the scrap bin.

Thanks everyone.
Bill K7NOM