Duane Bozarth

Default Stanley No 194 Description?

wrote:

Duane Bozarth wrote:
I just today stumbled across a Stanley No 194. I'd never seen one
before. I found it described as a fibreboard beveler but was unable to
find a description of how it operates or a large enough picture to be
able to tell.

It appears this one may be missing the actual cutter although the fence
assembly is present I can't for the life of me decide how it must have
worked. Anybody got more information?

If haven't looked here yet, check this page out:

http://www.supertool.com/StanleyBG/stan13.htm

Thanks, I hadn't found that particularl one.

Unfortunately information of the # 194 seems sparse.

That seems to be an understatement...

I saw another (not quite so melodramatic g) description of the
function previously and a small (thumbnail, in essence) overview picture
but I still don't know exactly how the blade looked or how it was
held...

Looks as though it may be collectible simply from the scarcity
standpoint but probably of little other value/use....