Doctor Drivel

Default compression fittings..... pah!

"raden" wrote in message
In message ws.net,
Doctor Drivel writes

"news" wrote in message
Pet @ www.gymratz.co.uk ;¬) wrote:
My tip for these PITA inventions is compress them up then undo them
and coat the olive in a healthy dose of Fernox-LSX silicone or
similar.

Spent many hours Saturday faffing around behind the newly fixed basin
& pedestal with a tissue trying to find several weepers.

Silicone (as above) and a cup of tea while it cured did the job a
treat.

pushfit, pushfit, pushfit :-)

Push into the bin.

If you need to use plastic pipe use good quality compression joints with

the
olive wrapped in PTFE on the plastic pipe. A far better and cheaper

joint
than pushfit. Also easily demountable.

And buy the right tool for the job when it comes to cutting it

Maxie, that is too right. But Maxie, using a brass compression fitting is
foolproof

eh ... dIMM ?

Maxie, I hope Dim Lin, the Oriental enchantress is taking note.