Rick

Default ? Meter to test thermoelectric potential of unknown metal

"Spehro Pefhany" wrote in message
On Mon, 10 Oct 2005 14:57:34 GMT, the renowned "Rick"
wrote:

I would also assume it measures thermoelectric voltage. I have a

meter
at work that connects directly to a T type thermocouple. If it has

the
meter movement sensitivity printed anywhere I'll let you know. Your
meter face may also have it but sometimes you can't see it unless

you
look pretty hard...

If it's a straight connection to the movement, it may show both a
current and the internal resistance (eg. 50uA/500 ohms), and in the
case of a thermocouple meter like yours, it may have a presumed
resistance value for the total thermocouple circuit (eg. 10 ohms).

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany

Yeah, I do recall seeing something about 10 ohms on the back of it.
Someone was throwing it out and it looked lonely so I took it in....