Rick

Default ? Meter to test thermoelectric potential of unknown metal

"Bill Janssen" wrote in message
My scrap yard friend had/has a meter with two probes that when

applied
to an unknown metal will, from the needle defection, tell what the

metal
might be.
I assume it measures the thermoelectric effect The meter is

seriously
damaged and is
probably not repairable

Their meter is now broken and they asked me to repair or find

another.
The broken one was manufactured by Chemet Products of San Francisco.
That company seems to no longer exist.

So, does anyone know of a similar meter. I don't even know how to

search
on Google for such a device. Mainly I don't know what to call it.

Bill K7NOM

I would also assume it measures thermoelectric voltage. I have a meter
at work that connects directly to a T type thermocouple. If it has the
meter movement sensitivity printed anywhere I'll let you know. Your
meter face may also have it but sometimes you can't see it unless you
look pretty hard...