Phil Terry

Default Long-Distance Service?

"Russell" wrote in message
ink.net...

From what you've stated Igonet is MORE expensive than Vonage. Vonage's
unlimited service is $24.95, so why would anyone want to go with a more
expensive company like Igonet which is yet as you say is new and
(therefore) yet to be established and has who knows what growing pains!

Russell

I may be able to help with the questions and debates in this thread about
long distance rates and companies, VOIP, etc. I have a Website that lets you
compare long distance rates--including international rates for many
countries (such as South Africa)--from many different companies, such as
PowerNetGlobal, Opex, Talk Home Card, CogniState, IBN Tel, and VOIP
companies like "My Phone Company" and Packet 8. Go to
http://billzilla.com/terryusa and use the "BILLZilla Crunch!"

The BillZilla Crunch! calculator will also let you estimate your total
monthly bill. Be aware that different companies use different billing
increments and minimum call durations (for example, PowerNetGlobal bills in
6 second increments, with a 30 second minimum call duration and CogniState
bills in 6 second increments, with a 6 second minimum call duration).
Calling cards tend to have longer billing increments and minimum call
durations. I prefer to use and recommend companies that bill in 6 second
increments and have short minimum call durations. Click on the total bill
amount to get a detailed quote that includes the billing increments.

Full disclosu I am an independent Cognigen Rep, but you don't have to buy
my services to use the long distance bill calculator for rate comparisons
and monthly bill estimates. It's a handy and free tool.

Hope this helps,

Phil Terry