Ken Moffett

Default The "official" word from Krylon

(daniel peterman) wrote in news:22573-4347E1AC-300
@storefull-3337.bay.webtv.net:

There are extruded acrylics and cast acrylics. They seem to react
different to solvents. If you polished the edges you might get more
crazing. I have handled probably about an acre of acrylics over the
years and used all sorts of solvents around it. The stuff is really
quite resistant to anything except methylene chloride which is used to
fuse the edges of cut sheets.

Attachment decoded: untitled-2.txt
--WebTV-Mail-10418-6288
htmlbody bgcolor=darkcyanfont color=alicebluefont size=5font
effect=shadowblackfaceTill the Next Time/blackface/html

Attachment decoded: untitled-3.htm
--WebTV-Mail-10418-6288--

I do know that acrylics do not work well around ethyl alcohol. I made a
container from a cast acrylic tube for an experiment in which it came into
contact with ethyl alcohol. A day after it was put into use the tube
cracked all over and just fell apart. It was very "impressive".

I now check compatabilities before building anything.

Cole-Parmer's catalog or
http://www.coleparmer.com/techinfo/chemcomp.asp

have good tables.

Also google "(material) chemical compatability".