Charlie

Default Whole house instant hot water

"Harry K" wrote in message
oups.com...

Wes Stewart wrote:
On Fri, 07 Oct 2005 15:23:16 GMT, Sherman wrote:

On Wed, 5 Oct 2005 09:21:39 -0700, "Charlie Tigh"
wrote:

I have googled and have read what the sellers have to say about the
Grundfos
system but looking for comments from a user.
Our kitchen sink is the farthest distance from the water heater in the
garage and seems forever to get hot water. I'm going to do something to
improve the situation not only for conservation but also our
convenience. We
are new to the house which is about ten years old.

No you're not!

You are doing it strictly for convenience and not for conservation.

So saving gallons of water each time he needs hot water isn't
conservation?

For conservation AND convenience, heavily insulate the pipe from
heater to faucet.

Sure. For me to do this all I'd have to do would be pull up my nice
brick floors, cut through the concrete and rebar in the slab and knock
the plaster off the CMU walls and punch holes in them too.

What a way to save money!

1st off he isn't wasting "gallons" of water each time. A 40ft run of
1/2 or even 3/4 pipe doesn't hold "gallons". I am very dubious about
his 40sec figure. That is a long time.

2nd: For conservation you have to figure the cost of the 'waste' water
against the heat loss through a constantly circulating, uninsulated
pipe run. Hot water costs money to heat.

My bet is that the heat lost in the circulating system would cost more
than the waste water so you would be right. He is doing it for
convenience.

Harry K

I didn't intend to start an argument from my original post, just a simple
question for some one who knew if the system worked as described. I just
timed how long it took to get warm water, 90 seconds, that's without waiting
till it got hot. I didn't measure how much water I used, It is like waiting
for a pot of water to boil. Google-(whole house instant hot water) to see
what I was talking about what the sellers claim.
I just ordered one on e-bay and I'll let you know in the future. At 82 I
try to do what ever I can to help conserve where ever possible and we do
recycle etc. to help you young ones in the future.
Thanks to all.