Tim Fischer

Default Sump Pump , whats my best solution for power failure

"Scott" wrote in message
Water backup pumps have a float on them just like any other pump does.
They
do not run all the time so there is no significant water loss.

From the research I did, the pumps are a lot less efficient (that is, they
don't remove nearly as much groundwater) as the battery-backed up pumps.
That means it runs more often, and while it's running, it's like having the
hose spiggot left on (that is, wasted water).

But as I noted, my real issue was I don't have a water line anywhere near
the sump. It's on the other end of our finished lower level from anything
that uses water.

-Tim