Sherman

Default Whole house instant hot water

On Fri, 7 Oct 2005 11:50:32 -0700, "Charlie"
wrote:

"Wes Stewart" wrote in message
.. .
On Fri, 07 Oct 2005 15:23:16 GMT, Sherman wrote:

On Wed, 5 Oct 2005 09:21:39 -0700, "Charlie Tigh"
wrote:

I have googled and have read what the sellers have to say about the
Grundfos
system but looking for comments from a user.
Our kitchen sink is the farthest distance from the water heater in the
garage and seems forever to get hot water. I'm going to do something to
improve the situation not only for conservation but also our convenience.
We
are new to the house which is about ten years old.

No you're not!

You are doing it strictly for convenience and not for conservation.

So saving gallons of water each time he needs hot water isn't
conservation?

For conservation AND convenience, heavily insulate the pipe from
heater to faucet.

Sure. For me to do this all I'd have to do would be pull up my nice
brick floors, cut through the concrete and rebar in the slab and knock
the plaster off the CMU walls and punch holes in them too.

What a way to save money!

There is one in every group that has nothing better to do than make some
kind of remark without knowing the situation,
my pipes are buried in the floor or walls too so I have to take the next
best solution.

There is nothing wrong with spending money for comfort and
convenience. Whether what you do is a net plus or minus for
conservation is a complicated question which isn't necessary to get
into here.

Yeah, I'm fortunate I guess in that my pipes are in the attic and
I've insulated about half of the distance to the guest bath. For
those who are designing new construction, please insulate the hot
water lines from heater to faucet, including in the interior walls.