Default Intermittent static when viewing cable, cable ready problem?

I have an intermittent static problem on one tv in my house. When
watching cable short and annoying blasts of video and audio static
occur repeatedly until I give trying to watch. Or ometimes it only
happens once a day and will be days before it happens again. Two
diffent cable tech say it is the tv. The other tv in the house does
not have this problem. I finally switched our second tv with the one
that has the problem and the static has not happened since.

The tv with the problem is a 31" Toshiba. When playing dvd's (using
either the svid or composite video input) the image is perfect the
static never intrudes.

If the problem was in that line (wiring or connections) then I believe
the problem would occur on whatever tv was in use in that room. I am
left to believe that the problem must be in the cable ready portion of
the tv. Anyone know any common problems or thing I should check on the
cable ready board??

I can check and replace electronics, I work on pinball machines. But I
have schematics and know the common pinball aliments.

Thanks,
Dug