Eric The Viking

Default Aldi DIY offers next week:

"david lang" wrote in message
k...
Eric The Viking wrote:

Better than that, Aldi are doing fruit pies for 69p for 6 - just did
the maths and it works out 11.5p per pie!

But you can't expect top performance from a pie at that price. Are they
safe? What would happen if a piece of crust proke off and struck you in
the eye?

Can you get spares?

"Light, shortcrust pastry cases filled with a delicious Bramley apple
filling and a light sugar dusting. Winner of a Good Housekeeping
Institute Quality Product award."

That's just a marketing ploy. What sort of warranty do they have?

Dave

Funny you should say that ;-)

I was using one of the pies yesterday and did suffer a crust failure. One
of the pie lids wasn't fixed securely to the outer casing and as I went to
use it it gave way nearly landing on my unprotected toe. Upon checking the
5 remaining pies I found that all of them had some form of structural
defect, rendering them totally unsafe for all but the lightest use.

When I contacted Aldi regarding the faulty pie, they were less than
sympathetic and told me that I should wear shoes in case this kind of thing
happens again.

As for warranty, it turns out that there is small print on the box that says
they have to be used before a certain date after which the warranty is void.
In my case this date was only a few days after the purchase.

;-)

ETV