Old October 7th 05, 02:13 PM

Default Aldi DIY offers next week:

230mm (9inch) Angle Grinder 24.99
5pc Disc set for Angle Grinder 3.99
Electric Planer 12.99
50m Cable Reel 14.99

http://www.aldi.co.uk/special_buys/start.html

Old October 7th 05, 02:15 PM

"J" wrote in message
230mm (9inch) Angle Grinder 24.99
5pc Disc set for Angle Grinder 3.99
Electric Planer 12.99
50m Cable Reel 14.99

http://www.aldi.co.uk/special_buys/start.html

The Lidl in Great Bridge has electric planes at 10 if anyone wants one.

Old October 7th 05, 04:37 PM
The3rd Earl Of Derby

[email protected] wrote:
"J" wrote in message
230mm (9inch) Angle Grinder 24.99
5pc Disc set for Angle Grinder 3.99
Electric Planer 12.99
50m Cable Reel 14.99

http://www.aldi.co.uk/special_buys/start.html

The Lidl in Great Bridge has electric planes at 10 if anyone wants
one.

How on earth do the they get off the ground if there electric? ;-)

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Old October 7th 05, 09:51 PM
Andrew Sinclair

In message , The3rd
Earl Of Derby writes
[email protected] wrote:
"J" wrote in message
230mm (9inch) Angle Grinder 24.99
5pc Disc set for Angle Grinder 3.99
Electric Planer 12.99
50m Cable Reel 14.99

http://www.aldi.co.uk/special_buys/start.html

The Lidl in Great Bridge has electric planes at 10 if anyone wants
one.

How on earth do the they get off the ground if there electric? ;-)

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Use the lightweight suitcase sized nuclear power station? On offer in
Aldi next week at only 15.99.
--
Andrew Sinclair http://www.smellycat.org
Old October 8th 05, 04:01 AM

The Lidl in Great Bridge has electric planes at =A310 if anyone wants
one.

How on earth do the they get off the ground if there electric? ;-)

Use the lightweight suitcase sized nuclear power station? On offer in
Aldi next week at only =A315.99.

the one used in the Ford Nucleon?

NT

Old October 8th 05, 07:41 PM
Eric The Viking

"[email protected]" wrote in message
o.uk...

"J" wrote in message
230mm (9inch) Angle Grinder 24.99
5pc Disc set for Angle Grinder 3.99
Electric Planer 12.99
50m Cable Reel 14.99

http://www.aldi.co.uk/special_buys/start.html

The Lidl in Great Bridge has electric planes at 10 if anyone wants one.

Better than that, Aldi are doing fruit pies for 69p for 6 - just did the
maths and it works out 11.5p per pie! In fact if you cut them in half they
work out at just under 6p a snack. The box looks a bit flimsy but the pies
themselves seem to be of reasonable quality - "Light, shortcrust pastry
cases filled with a delicious Bramley apple filling and a light sugar
dusting. Winner of a Good Housekeeping Institute Quality Product award."

I'm going to fill the shed up while stocks last.

;-)

ETV

Old October 9th 05, 12:19 AM
John Laird

On Sat, 08 Oct 2005 22:03:13 +0100, Owain
wrote:

Eric The Viking wrote:
Better than that, Aldi are doing fruit pies for 69p for 6 - just did the
maths and it works out 11.5p per pie! In fact if you cut them in half they
work out at just under 6p a snack.

What are you, an anorexic wasp? For a normal adult male human, that's
69p per snack.

I think I'd go along with the suggestion that half a pie is a bit miserable,
but a whole box is overdoing it, surely ? [Mind you, I was known to eat
3-packs of Creme Eggs with a pint of tea in my youth.]

Better value can be had by popping into Sainsbury's and collecting 2 6-packs
of Mars bars. Not only have they been 1.18 for a while, at the moment they
are on 2 for 2, and when I looked at my bill, someone had goofed on the
EPOS system and had programmed the multibuy reduction at 56p, not 36p. So I
paid 1.80 for 12 Mars bars, or 15p each. Yes, I know they're slightly
smaller than the standard size, but suspect that must be a staggeringly
cheap way of buying calories. 242 of them according to the wrapper.

Lidl have (probably) the same apple pies at the same price. They're not at
all bad. As indeed is a lot of their stuff. I stock up there on basics,
and then head to Tesco or Sainsbury for a wider choice of what's missing.

--
"Bother," said Pooh as he deleted his message base.
Old October 9th 05, 09:21 AM
Gel

& black babies for 2.49!!!!!!!!!!

Old October 9th 05, 12:40 PM
david lang

Eric The Viking wrote:

Better than that, Aldi are doing fruit pies for 69p for 6 - just did
the maths and it works out 11.5p per pie!

But you can't expect top performance from a pie at that price. Are they
safe? What would happen if a piece of crust proke off and struck you in the
eye?

Can you get spares?

"Light, shortcrust pastry cases filled with a delicious Bramley apple
filling and a light sugar dusting. Winner of a Good Housekeeping
Institute Quality Product award."

That's just a marketing ploy. What sort of warranty do they have?

Dave