Abe

Default Patching a hole in a plastic dishwasher spray arm

The underside of the lower spray arm in my dishwasher has developed a
hole about 1/2" round. Fortunately, it is located near the outside
edge, so patching it won't affect water flow.
What would be a good material for patching the hole? Is there anything
like a plastic-weld that doesn't require heat?

Probably nothing will hold well on that type of plastic, but since it is a
low pressure situation and a little leak will be of no harm, there are many
options.
Epoxy itself may hold. A better solution is to take a strip of fiberglass
cloth and wrap the arm where the leak is. Them mix up some epoxy and coat
the glass cloth. Look for the materials at an auto supply store. The cloth
is used for patching on cars, boat hulls, etc.

Thanks Ed. A little more searching found this at Radio Shack (of all
places).
Look at the section "Using Liquid and Powder" and below.
http://support.radioshack.com/suppor...oc38/38621.htm

I'll give it a try, then report back. I guess the worst that can
happen is it doesn't work well, and I'll have to spend $54.00 (best
price I can find on the net) for a "genuine" replacement part that
costs all of 99 cents (if that) to manufacture.