Spehro Pefhany

Default ? Meter to test thermoelectric potential of unknown metal

On Sun, 09 Oct 2005 03:47:28 GMT, the renowned Bill Janssen
wrote:

Ok its taut-band and the taut-band is broken or melted or something. So
to repair this
meter I would have to replace the taut-band and I think that is beyond
my ability and
equipment. A replacement meter would probably be less expensive than
paying someone
to repair this one.

I have been looking for a shop that repairs this type meter but so far I
have only one possible
candidate. This time Google has not been my friend :-)

BTW I have repaired sticky meters and such in the past.
Bill K7NOM

Chances are that it's a standard meter movement, so you just have to
figure out what the sensitivity is (and maybe the internal
resistance). If there are some electronics driving it, it would
likely be non-critical 1mA movement or something like that (much lower
current and it compromises robustness).

Why don't you crack it open and have a look? You can sub a digital
meter and stick it on some known metal for the purpose of getting an
idea of the sensitivity.

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany