Jeff Wisnia

Default ? Meter to test thermoelectric potential of unknown metal

Bill Janssen wrote:

My scrap yard friend had/has a meter with two probes that when applied
to an unknown metal will, from the needle defection, tell what the
metal might be.
I assume it measures the thermoelectric effect The meter is seriously
damaged and is
probably not repairable

Their meter is now broken and they asked me to repair or find another.
The broken one was manufactured by Chemet Products of San Francisco.
That company seems to no longer exist.

So, does anyone know of a similar meter. I don't even know how to search
on Google for such a device. Mainly I don't know what to call it.

Bill K7NOM

Hey, isn't this the kind of function you were talking about, the text
says, "Sorts alloy scrap, verifies parts in receiving, inspection for
proper alloys."

http://tinyurl.com/8bh4m

HTH,

Jeff