Set Square

Default Toilet sink / pedestal

Steven Campbell no@thanx wrote:

I've just smashed my toilet sink by accident.
It is about 10 years old. I want to replace it with something similar
but as cheap as possible.
The pedestal is fine. If I replace the sink will I have to get a
pedestal that matches (fits) or will most pedestals fit any old sink?

At a guess I'd reckon all pedestals will be unique to each sink but
hopefully I'm wrong.

Cheers.

They're usually sold as a pair. There are many variations in pedestal
design - with different shapes and amounts of flare at the top - often with
an appropriate indentation in the base of the basin to fit over the
pedestal.

You *may* be lucky, and get a basin which fits your pedestal - but I
wouldn't bank on it.
--
Cheers,
Set Square