Art

Default How to get the tank lid off a Kohler top-trip toilet?

You could have tried calling them. I called them a few years ago and they
actually have people who help.

wrote in message
ups.com...
Check the Kohler site for more information.

Not being a *complete* idiot, that's the first thing I did. All they
offer is the installation and homeowner guides, both of which, as I
mentioned, are of no help.

I did finally solve this problem myself, no thanks to Kohler. There's a
clip attached to the rear of the tank lid. It's a right-angle thingy
and it engages a lip on the tank itself. If you just lift straight up,
this clip keeps the lid from being removed. If you lift the front edge
of the lid, you can rotate the lid up enough to get your hand in to
disengage the pull-chain from the top-trip knob. After that you pull
the lid a bit forward to disengage the clip, and thereby enable the
removing of the lid.