Default How to get the tank lid off a Kohler top-trip toilet?

I had a new Kohler toilet installed, and it's one with a top-trip flush
knob. Unfortunately, I didn't watch as the plumber put the thing in,
and I don't know how to get the tank lid off. The lid comes up a little
and can be moved around a bit, but something's keeping it from going
any further. The installation and homeowner guides are of no help. I
don't want to force it, so can anyone tell me the secret to removing
the tank lid for one of these dudes?

Check the Kohler site for more information.

Not being a *complete* idiot, that's the first thing I did. All they
offer is the installation and homeowner guides, both of which, as I
mentioned, are of no help.

I did finally solve this problem myself, no thanks to Kohler. There's a
clip attached to the rear of the tank lid. It's a right-angle thingy
and it engages a lip on the tank itself. If you just lift straight up,
this clip keeps the lid from being removed. If you lift the front edge
of the lid, you can rotate the lid up enough to get your hand in to
disengage the pull-chain from the top-trip knob. After that you pull
the lid a bit forward to disengage the clip, and thereby enable the
removing of the lid.

Posted to alt.home.repair

replying to mistersandiego, James Chance wrote:
I tried this and it helped! Thank you

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...let-39472-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

Why not just call the plumber (him/her)self???
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 21 Jan 2018 18:31:35 -0800 (PST), wrote:

Why not just call the plumber (him/her)self???

Not sure if my daughters' is a Koeler or not, but the top simply
lifts off. The "push buttons" just push on the valve in the tank when
installed.
Posted to alt.home.repair

replying to mistersandiego, karl wrote:
this helped alot and a plumber would cost $120

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...let-39472-.htm