~Roy

Default The "official" word from Krylon

On Sat, 8 Oct 2005 11:20:59 -0700, "Roger Shoaf"
wrote:

===
==="~Roy" wrote in message
t...
===

snip

===
===So make the fish tank with big rubber gaskets and some nice stainless steel
===fixtures to clamp the plexi to the gaskets.

I had thought about using a sealant and enclosing it all in a
stainless fraame, just like the old time tanks were made prior to the
advent of all glass with silicone seals.......
===
===Also the solvent bonding warning only applies to bonding the edges. If you
===were to bond to the face of the plastic it would be no different than
===bonding regular plexi.

This is true, as long as I don;t apply solvent to the edges its fine
to bond to on the face
===
===I bet if you face bonded some square Plexiglas to the inside corners that
===might overcome the delaminating problems also.

I had also thought about this. I was thinking of making enought
chamfered strips (like a rightangle triangle affair, with the two legs
of the triangle being equal to at least the thickness of edges, and
solvent weld it in the corners......Be double the normal amount of
solvent welded seams overall, but it has a possibility. Having
chamfered inside corners would make life a lot easier as well as
corners are always a pain in a fish tank.....
===
===Just a thought.

thanks for your thoughts on this.

"The original frugal ponder"