HMFIC-1369

Default Engineered Hardwood Floor Glue Question

It's really easier to simply paint the tongue, then it is the grove. Just
remember that more glue is not better! I also wouldn't think that the glue
should be considered a "sealant". When you're done wipe it clean and wax per
manufacturers specs (only for warranty)

"Amy L." wrote in message
From all of the reading I have done on floating floors over the internet
(diy, thisoldhouse, etc) everything I came across indicated to apply the
glue to the "groove" of the wood. However, in the installation manual for
the wood I purchased for my floor indicates to apply the glue to the upper
edge of the tongue along the whole length of the board? I assume

following
the manufactures directions is always best - but any thoughts on why the
tongue and not groove? What is better?

Amy