Roger Shoaf

Default The "official" word from Krylon

"~Roy" wrote in message

I have a few full sheets of bullet resist acrylic, (1" and 1 1/4" and
some 3/4") I had wanted to use to make a large capacity aquarium out
of but found out it does not solvent weld, and needs to be joined and
attached with mechanical means, as solvents will cause it to
delaminate.....Would have made a fine sal****er fish tank of unreal
size...

So make the fish tank with big rubber gaskets and some nice stainless steel
fixtures to clamp the plexi to the gaskets.

Also the solvent bonding warning only applies to bonding the edges. If you
were to bond to the face of the plastic it would be no different than
bonding regular plexi.

I bet if you face bonded some square Plexiglas to the inside corners that
might overcome the delaminating problems also.

Just a thought.

--
Roger Shoaf

If knowledge is power, and power corrupts, what does this say about the
Congress?