Harold and Susan Vordos

"~Roy" wrote in message
Surprised me that they responded so quick to my question on usuing
Fusion paint on Plexiglass, but their rely was simply they do not have
any products that are compatable with coating any plexi or
lexans........They said the sovents and other ingredients will melt
the material........or possibly discolor it.....Well if its painted so
what if its discolored under the paint. I just sprayed the aquarium
hood with a can of semi gloss black, in light coats, and once it was
covered I laid on a wet coat......I experimented last night, and the
stuff I painted you could not scrape it off with your fingernail this
morning...Anyway project is done, just waiting for one more power
compact light assembly to get here and it will be finished totally.

The problem you're likely to encounter is the inability of Plexiglas to
resist the solvents. You often get considerable crazing, although I'm not
sure if it would occur immediately, or in the near future. I've ruined
Plexiglas that way in the distant past, but it likely depends on the solvent
in question. If it's still intact in a couple days, showing no signs of
cracking, looks to me like you beat the problem. Let us know.

Harold