carl mciver

"cilorentson" wrote in message
| I would like to be able to do this. Run two printers on one computer,
| in reality one would be a backup. I have a printer that prints very
| well, and then a printer that is a 'copier,scanner,printer', and I
| would just like to be able to use one or the other as need arises.
| I just plug in the older printer, and then did the 'default' thing,
| but the printer is not printing. ?? When I try to delete/cancel the
| job, it will not. ?? The computer went into it's "network mode", I
| don't need to set up a network configuration. There should be some
| simple way to 'do this'.
| ???? thanks in advance. cl.

Hmmmm.... Are both parallel printers or USB? Or one of each? I have
one of each, and each is installed normally to my Dell. I can change my
default printer if I want, which is the one I get if I hit the print button.
If I go through the File-Print option I get the box that lets me choose.
For two parallel printers, you can use either a manual or an automatic
switch box. Both printers still have to be installed onto your software.
I used to have my older PC networked to another one and each had a
printer out of the parallel port, and since each printer was shared and
installed on both machines, I could pick between one or the other.