Dave

"miamicuse" wrote in
:

Polk Audo Monitor 30 series weights about 10 pounds each. I got the
Omni-mount
at $30 a piece but after I attached them to the wall and secured the
speaker to it, I don't think it will hold. The mount is plastic with
a lot of connecting pieces held together by allen screws in
compression, and a single screw holds the speaker through the key hole
in the rear of the speaker. As I adjust the speaker the plastic parts
yields a little, I think with the vibration it will not be long before
it fails.

I was thinking, there is only one keyhole in the rear of the speaker,
so it was meant to be mounted with a single screw. I can get more
sturdy mounts in the $50 a piece range that looks like a tray but I
really want to conceal the mount as much as possible. Why can't I
just get a hanger bolt and screws one end into the wood stud and the
other end with a cut that holds the speaker and not use any mount?

Any suggestions?

MC

That's exactly what I do. I use an anchor bolt in sheetrock, then unscrew
the screw enough so the speaker hangs on it. Been that way for 10 years
with no problems.

Dave