Michael Kennedy

Well I havn't done any measurements since I'm still using it right now. I
had actually thought about it being some bad caps in the power supply but I
don't have a cap tester. All i have is a DMM and an old heathkit
oscillisocpe from the 1970's. It doesn't have transistors it has tubes. It
also needs some good probes.

-Mike

"Tom MacIntyre" wrote in message
On 7 Oct 2005 12:31:33 -0700, "Just Another Theremin Fan"
wrote:

Michael Kennedy wrote:
I'm a college student and I am a computer tech and I do my job quite
well.

But you don't know a cathode from an anode? Gee that's some college you
go to!
There's multiple choice education for you.... How do you manage to get
positive and negative the right way around?

This has gone a bit far...if he isn't in college to study electronics,
whay would you expect him to remember a word related to it? Even Ben
Franklin got positive and negative wrong, and it's been a source of
confusion for electronics education ever since. His explanation for
his use of the word "cathode" was reasonable.

I know we all care about safety and liability here, but this guy has
already passed my test. Model and chassis number, plus the month of
manufacture, shows he "knows the drill".

Michael...what test equipment do you have? There are a number of
things that could cause what you have described (weak capacitors being
right up there, given its age). Have you done any measurements? A 1987
TV, it's likely an Admiral chassis, I think (?).

Tom

I am very careful with electricity. I have been working with electricity
all
of my life and I used to work as an elctrician.

Have you heard Kevin Bloody Wilsons song about electricians?

I hate how you just insult me like I am an idiot.

But you are.... You are......

FFS don't ever take up working with gas supplies.....