Edwin Pawlowski

"Amy L." wrote in message
From all of the reading I have done on floating floors over the internet
(diy, thisoldhouse, etc) everything I came across indicated to apply the
glue to the "groove" of the wood. However, in the installation manual for
the wood I purchased for my floor indicates to apply the glue to the upper
edge of the tongue along the whole length of the board? I assume
following the manufactures directions is always best - but any thoughts on
why the tongue and not groove? What is better?

By putting the glue in the groove, you will have a good joint and less
likelihood of oozing glue out when you put them together.

Putting glue on the top of the tongue will also give you a good joint, but
also a better seal from spills.

I put down Mannington a couple of years ago. IIRC, it was glue the groove.