Jerry Foster

"Jim Stewart" wrote in message
Rex B wrote:
1986 1024 Enco
It came about 5 gears, wired together and never used.
No mention of them in what little I have of a similar owners manual.
The machine already has a QC box.
The thread chart seems to indicate a 60-tooth gear in the geartrain.

Metric. I have the same machine and mine
has decals showing different tooth ratios
for metric threading. I've used the gears
to cut an M.5 thread for a microscope
adapter. As I recall, I used the 39 and/
or 43.

Probably not. While the exact English/metric conversion requrires a 100 and
a 127 tooth gear, these are BIG (and expensive). A very close approximation
is obtained with a 37 and a 47 tooth gear. The result is close enough
unless you are threading a very long piece.

Jerry