Stormin Mormon

1) Lock Ease, they call it. I used to service the locks at a hotel that used
lock ease. The stuff dries up, and creates more problems than it solves. I
avoid the stuff, and ask people not to use it. (20 years experience as a
locksmith)

2) I've never heard that graphite is hygroscopic. some proof, please? I've
used a graphite dispenser that I bought in 1986 or so. I've long since lost
the cap, and can't say as it's ever absorbed moisture. It's raining today,
and I was using powdered graphite less than an hour ago on a lock call. No
signs of moisture.

--

Christopher A. Young
Do good work.

Baloney. Graphite doesn't contain water. It's a dry powder. Sometimes it's
sold in an oil suspension, too, which is a *great* thing for lubing a

lock.

Graphite is hygroscopic. If it doesn't contain water when you
unseal the tube, it will shortly thereafter.

Only if you're dumb enough to leave the cap off the tube.

--
Regards,