Bob Parker

I did a check on Snopes.com which is reputed to be a pretty reliable
source of info about internet stories, and they say that this one
really is based on an actual event in India, though it's been
embellished. Have a look at
http://www.snopes.com/horrors/techno/cellcharge.asp for the details.

Bob

On Fri, 7 Oct 2005 09:06:13 +0100, "Dave D" wrote:

"Michael Kennedy" wrote in message
I got a real laugh out of this e-mail. The odds are next to nothing of this
happening unless your phone got struck by lightning.

FYI... Subject: DO NOT ANSWER CELL YOUR PHONE WHEN IT'S CHARGING!!!!!!

snip

The problem with these emails is that while some of us can laugh them off as
the hoaxes/urban myths they are, many people believe then unquestionably and
obligingly forward them on to as many people as they can. You can bet a good
proportion of those people are complete suckers who will fall for it hook,
line and sinker.

Some of them are mischievous but harmless, but others, especially the bogus
virus warnings, are downright malicious.

Dave