Mike Berger

I use 3M clear spray adhesive for this kind of thing.

Ledz wrote:
Maybe off subject, but many in this group will have much practical
experience of adhesives:- I have an instrument which has a thin card scale
which is attached to a brass plate- made in about 1960 ish. The card has
come away from the brass- what adhesive would they have used when it was
made?
I have tried simple paper glue ("Gloy" type) - used to be known as "gum
arabic" - fails . Possibly could use pva type glue but I don't think it will
stick to metal very well and if I get it wrong it will be all over the back
of the card and won't come off easily- card needs to stick closely to the
brass to stop things getting jammed - the extra glue layer may make things
too thick.
Any thoughts?