Eric R Snow

On Fri, 07 Oct 2005 11:17:34 -0700, Grant Erwin
wrote:

Charles Spitzer wrote:

"Randy Replogle" wrote in message

What are the symptoms? I've had numbness in my palms and fingertips
for a long time. Thinking it was a neck problem I've seen a
chiropractor for several weeks without much improvement. What
exercises help? Thanks.
Randy

have an mri. i had numbness in a few fingers that turned out to be ruptured
disk in my neck, causing a vertebrae pinching the spinal cord. a
chiropractor pushing around the bones could paralyze you.

regards,
charlie
http://glassartists.org/chaniarts

An MRI is the wrong diagnostic to start with. You want a nerve conduction test
in both wrists, this will positively diagnose carpal tunnel syndrome. Other
common sources of pain in the hand are arthritis or nerve damage farther up
(shoulder, neck).

I've anecdotally heard that chiropractors can sometimes help with the kind of
back injuries middle aged workers often get, which is basically a too-weak
muscle going into spasm mode. I have never heard they were otherwise anything
but scam artists. In 52 years I have never darkened their door nor paid for
anyone else to. I guess I don't believe in 'em much.

I have hand pain too, and it bothers me quite a bit. I have medium carpal tunnel
damage in both wrists, and I'm going to have the operations and see how much if
any it helps before I even go looking elsewhere. I can no longer play guitar,
and I can't ride my motorcycle longer than about 45 miles without my hands going
numb. It may be I have multiple things going on too.

GWE

Grant,
Ask me tomorrow when I see you to tell you about carpal tunnel surgery
and an excellent doctor.
Eric