Wayne Lundberg

I Googled Mitsumi and came up with an electronics outfit and nothing to do
with semi-standardized small parts for second operations....

Do you have a link?

"oldjag" wrote in message
oups.com...
Check out Mitsumi; they have a large range of semi-standard quick ship
parts which they customise various features for small addtional charges
:)

Grant Erwin wrote:
wrote:

Are there any amateur inventors here who frequently buy small metal
parts?(Parts that may need little in the way of machining).

I was hoping to get ideas about where to get preferrably standardized
parts that are relatively simple geometric shapes for the projects I'd
like to put together.

I'm not an inventor. But I often buy a bewildering array of small to

medium
metal things. I have a milling machine and a lathe and use them a fair

amount,
and I can say that in my experience very little that I do is standard. I

do tend
to work with what's out there, like angle iron, plate, pipe, tube or

flat bar,
but I doubt you're going to be able to find standard shapes like you

want.
You'll probably have to either figure out how to make them, or pay

people to
make them for you. And most shops stay the hell away from inventors, so

don't
let on that's what you are. They tend to have very vague specifications,

and
really want a boatload of engineering thrown in for free, and tend to

have
little money and zero credit, and are often living in their sister's

garage.

GWE