Richard Conway

Set Square wrote:[color=blue][i]
Richard Conway wrote:

dbroms wrote:

Set Square Wrote:

dbroms wrote:

OK, just to be *sure* what you've got: Are there ever any
circumstances when
the boiler fires but the pump doesn't run?
The answers to those questions should confirm - or otherwise - that
you have
a fully pumped system.
--
Cheers,
Set Square

thanks for the reply. The pump is always on when the boiler fires,
you never have just the boiler on.
The pump connects to a very small junction box in the airing cupboard
which just has a live and a neutral in it which i assume comes
straight from the boiler.

cheers
Daz

This doesn't prove that the HW isn't gravity fed - as from what I
understand from the system as you describe it, there is no option to
have just the HW heating, i.e. when the heating is on it is always
heating both the HW and the radiators...am I right?

The only way to really know is to look at where the flow to the HWC
comes from - in a gravity set up it would usually come directly from
the boiler in a seperate pipe to the flow to the radiators, but it
could technically branch off at some point before the pump. If it is
T'd off at any point after the pump and the sytem is fully pumped.

According to what he said earlier, it's tee'd off *after* the pump - so I'm
reasonably convinced that it's fully pumped - but the OP still didn't seem
quite sure. The supplementary questions were to help *him* convince himself!

Oops. Missed that bit. I'll shut up now.