Bob Mannix

wrote in message
ups.com...
The house was bought from plans and the mortgage valuation was based on
the plans as it was not built.

I had never heard of professional snaggers before I got all these
problems. This is my first property purchase and I was a bit (ok a lot)
naive.

The problem we have is exacltly as described the worst area is in the
landing next to the adjoining walls. There is sharp downhill slopes
over the door ways and we are unsure how to tie in all the rooms and
match to the stairway.

It may have nothing to do with your problem but there were houses near here
with a similar problem some years ago. The downstairs was open plan and
there was meant to be a 12" x 12" main joist across the house that the other
floor joists rested on. The builder had fitted a 10" x 10" (or worse) and
the upstairs floor had sagged, leaving inch gaps under the stud walls in
their centres upstairs. This was eventually sorted under the NHBC guarantee
(as they were not built to plan) AFAICR.

Good uck, after 16 months you must be a bit upset (in spite of our clever
ways on this ng, most of us would be too!).
--
Bob Mannix
(anti-spam is as easy as 1-2-3 - not)