Richard Conway

Unfortunately I am not that great at DIY as I have not had much
experience.

Do you have a friend or relative who might be able to help you out?
Even just for a few hours so you get the hang of the job?

I am running out of time as the carpet place that is storing our
carpets (and has been for 18 months) wants us to take our carpets away.

We have family coming at Christmas and nowhere to put them. Family that
are storing our stuff are needing there space back again.

Maybe you could strike a deal with the carpet place and your family.
Sort the house room by room and assure them that each time you finish a
room you'll take that carpet/furniture off their hands.

£3000 is all the money we have for everything else we need in the
house and doing the garden. It just seems like a heck of a lot of money!

It is a hell of a lot of money, especially as its not your fault and
isn't something you should be having to pay for anyway. You would save
a lot of it if you did do it yourself though.