Asimov

"Michael Kennedy" bravely wrote to "All" (06 Oct 05 23:52:12)
--- on the heady topic of "Sylvania 27" tv Brightness Flickers"

MK From: "Michael Kennedy"
MK Xref: core-easynews sci.electronics.repair:344333

MK I have a 1987 27" Sylvania tv and it had some cold solder joints which
MK I fixed. It works great except the picture gets slightly brighter and
MK dimmer. Could this be caused by the wire going from the flyback to the
MK cathode? When I first put it back togeather I could hear it arcing a
MK little like the suction cup wasn't all of the way down. It doesn't
MK make a arcing noise anymore.

MK The model number of the tv is RNH4601 WA01
MK The Chasis model # is 26B1-06AA
MK Manufacture date October 1987

Mike,

It could be the flyback assembly alright. The flickering might be the
the g2 voltage jumping around. If you smell something like burnt toast
around that area then the flyback *is* toast. Otherwise it may be a
video problem.

A*s*i*m*o*v

.... :) What does that wire do? =8Q (oh!)