Ken Weitzel

Michael Kennedy wrote:
Sorry. I couldn't remember what it is called. EXCUSE ME for not beign an
expert I don't do this for a job.

I was talking about the HV wire going to the CRT. (cathode ray tube) I
describet quite well what I was talking about. The wire does run from the
flyback to the Cathode (CRT)...

Hi...

Just so this doesn't happen again, AND so I can lecture you just a
tiny bit...

Yep, CRT is cathode ray tube. The cathode is one of the elements in
a cathode ray tube. (cathode ray = a ray [stream?] of electrons flying
off a heated cathode)

All of the connections to a cathode ray tube save one are connected via
the neck of the tube.

The one exception is the one you speak of, most generally recognized
as the second anode.

Hope that helps, now here's the lecture

Seeing you admitted to "not doing this for a job" - that connection
is lethal. It's lethal whether turned on or turned off, whether plugged
into the wall socket or not. It's even lethal after being discharged
and sitting for a short while (or a long while)

Be careful of it!!!!

Take care.

Ken