Peter Orban

Hi Bob,

I have an SX-980, and the service manual for it. It only has about 80W
per channel, so the PA and PS must be different. I can check if there is
a similar resistor and what value it has.
BTW, there is a service manual for the SX-1980 on e-bay right now. Are
you the one bidding on it?

Regards, Peter

BOB URZ wrote:

Does anyone still have the schematic for this old beast laying around?
What i am looking for is a resistor value. There is a 25 watt resistor
just after the power switch on the power supply board. It has a thermal
fuse under it. What i need is the value of the 25 watt resistor.
The one that was in there (and open) was 5 ohms) . It looks like
it was not original and i am suspicious that the value is too high.
Can anyone confirm this resistor value?

Bob