BOB URZ

Default Pioneer SX 1980

Does anyone still have the schematic for this old beast laying around?
What i am looking for is a resistor value. There is a 25 watt resistor
just after the power switch on the power supply board. It has a thermal
fuse under it. What i need is the value of the 25 watt resistor.
The one that was in there (and open) was 5 ohms) . It looks like
it was not original and i am suspicious that the value is too high.
Can anyone confirm this resistor value?

Bob

Peter Orban

Hi Bob,

I have an SX-980, and the service manual for it. It only has about 80W
per channel, so the PA and PS must be different. I can check if there is
a similar resistor and what value it has.
BTW, there is a service manual for the SX-1980 on e-bay right now. Are
you the one bidding on it?

Regards, Peter

BOB URZ wrote:

Does anyone still have the schematic for this old beast laying around?
What i am looking for is a resistor value. There is a 25 watt resistor
just after the power switch on the power supply board. It has a thermal
fuse under it. What i need is the value of the 25 watt resistor.
The one that was in there (and open) was 5 ohms) . It looks like
it was not original and i am suspicious that the value is too high.
Can anyone confirm this resistor value?

Bob

BOB URZ

Peter Orban wrote:

Hi Bob,

I have an SX-980, and the service manual for it. It only has about 80W
per channel, so the PA and PS must be different. I can check if there is
a similar resistor and what value it has.
BTW, there is a service manual for the SX-1980 on e-bay right now. Are
you the one bidding on it?

Regards, Peter

No, i am not currently bidding on it. The 1980 is one of those HUGE
beasts that weight a ton and were too big to fit in a standard stereo
cabinet. I think it was 120-160w/ch or so as i recall. Its all working
fine now. But i would like to verify the value of the resistor if i could.
I doubt your unit has the same set up. I think this resistor was put in
line to prevent massive current surge during start up. The unit is so
heavy one guy can barely pick it up.

Bob

Mark D. Zacharias

That was 3.3 ohms, 20 watts for the US market, 6.2 ohms, 20 watts for 220
volt markets.

Mark Z.

"BOB URZ" wrote in message

Peter Orban wrote:

Hi Bob,

I have an SX-980, and the service manual for it. It only has about 80W
per channel, so the PA and PS must be different. I can check if there is
a similar resistor and what value it has.
BTW, there is a service manual for the SX-1980 on e-bay right now. Are
you the one bidding on it?

Regards, Peter

No, i am not currently bidding on it. The 1980 is one of those HUGE
beasts that weight a ton and were too big to fit in a standard stereo
cabinet. I think it was 120-160w/ch or so as i recall. Its all working
fine now. But i would like to verify the value of the resistor if i could.
I doubt your unit has the same set up. I think this resistor was put in
line to prevent massive current surge during start up. The unit is so
heavy one guy can barely pick it up.

Bob

News==----
Newsgroups