Chuck Sherwood

Don't bother changing out the motor to 3-phase and getting a VFD. IMO, it's
not worth the expense. Moving belts on pulleys isn't that big a chore;

I disagree. The 2hp motor that came on my Jet mill drill was a real POS.
I went through three of them before giving up and buying a leeson motor.
THe single phase motor makes the whole machine jump when it starts.
The VFD starts very smooth. I also could not get a nice finish with
the single phase motor. This machine can now mill a slot with a nice
finish using the side of the endmill.

To protect your nice new table, get some black floor runner from the
hardware store and cut some pieces that cover the table next to the
vise. This prevents dings when you drop something and might even save
the corner of an endmill if you drop it. It also provides a nice place
to put thing and prevents them from going into the T slots.

chuck